Tree removal laws and permits Pinellas County Florida
Tree removal laws & permits St. Petersburg FL
As long a tree is not Protected, Grand or Signature tree, you may remove it without a permit.
Protected tree: Any shade tree 4” or larger diameter at breast height (dbh, as measured 4 ½ feet above ground); any understory tree which is 8” or larger dbh
Grand: Any tree which is 30 inches in diameter dbh or larger, with the exception of Laurel Oaks. Typically, only Live Oaks will grow to this size and be affected by this new code provision.
Signature: This is a new category of non-native trees which because of the size, prevalence and history in our community warrant recognition and protection. Includes Banyan trees, Kapok trees that are 30” or larger dbh and Jacaranda trees and Royal Poinciana trees that are 8” or larger dbh.
Any tree which is 30 inches in diameter dbh (as measured 4 1/2 feet above ground) or larger on the following list, with the exception of Laurel Oaks. Typically, only Live Oaks will grow to this size and be affected by this new code provision. Grand Trees are afforded a higher level of protection, and need to be preserved.
Tree preservation ordinance St. Petersburg FL
Tree removal permit application form St. Petersburg FL
City of St. Petersburg,
One 4th Street North,
PO Box 2842, St. Petersburg,
Enter the location of your tree job
Tree removal laws & permits Dunedin FL
Tree Removal Permits: Many trees in the City of Dunedin cannot be removed without first obtaining a Tree Removal Permit.
You can make application for a Tree Removal Permit in our offices for $25.00. This application will be reviewed by the City Arborist, and you will receive notification of approval/denial.
The following species of trees may be removed from private property without a permit.
• Australian pine (Casuarina spp.)
• Brazilian pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius)
• Carrotwood (Cupaniopsis anacardiopsis)
• Chinaberry (Melia azedarach)
• Cherry Laurel (Prunus caroliniana)
• Chinese tallow (Sapium sebiferum)
• Citrus (Citrus spp.)
• Ear tree (Enterolobium cyclocarpa)
• Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus spp., except Eucalyptus cinerea)
• Fig trees (Ficus spp.)
• Indian rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo)
• Norfolk Island pine (Araucaria hetrophylla)
• Orchid (Bauhinia variegate)
• All Palm species except cabbage palm with 6′ of clear trunk or greater (Sabal palmetto)
• Paper mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera)
• Punk (Melaleuca quinquinervia)
• Silk oak (Grevillea robusta)
• Toog (Bischofia spp.)
• Woman’s tongue (Albizia lebbeck)
Tree preservation ordinance Dunedin FL
Tree removal permit application form Dunedin FL
737 Louden Avenue,
Dunedin, FL 34698
FEATURED AND TRUSTED BY
Since 2014, we have helped over 24,700 home owners
get the best deal on tree services