Find a tree removal service near you
Answer a few questions
about your tree job.
Within seconds, get matched
Compare quotes and choose the
FEATURED AND TRUSTED BY:
Tree Removal Warren MI Laws and Permits
Warren tree ordinance is guidelines that ensure proper care and utilization of public and private trees within the city.
Yes, you need a permit to conduct any activity on city trees, including tree removal.
This article outlines some of the basic knowledge about tree removal requirements. By looking at Warren city codes, you get a full understanding of the tree removal process.
Can I remove city trees in the city of Warren?
Yes. You can remove public trees provided that you get permission from the city officials. Removing a public tree without a permit is a serious offense and should be avoided.
Do I need a permit to remove trees on my property in the city of Warren?
Yes. You are required to get a permit to remove, or transplant trees on a lot of more than one acre zoned for single-family purpose dwelling.
It is again important to get one because the city protects even the protected trees on private property. The protected trees are:
- Heritage trees
These trees carry historical meaning to the community. These are trees that remind the people of significant past events. Some of the trees can be tourist sites, and the city is keen on protecting them.
- Significant trees
These trees have a great impact on the public. Any tree of importance to the public is categorized under significant trees. These trees impact the climate of the city, act as landmarks, and are of importance to the public.
Get a permit before removing these trees or else face hefty charges.
What are the requirements for relocating a tree in the city of Warren?
For you to relocate any tree within the city, you are to meet the following requirements:
- Submit the proposed location where the trees are to be relocated.
- Provide a statement explaining how the trees are to be moved, protected, and stored during land construction.
- Provide a statement explaining the maintenance of the trees after construction.
- Come up with ways on how the remaining trees are to be protected during land clearing, construction, and permanently. Some ways of protecting the trees include; using tree walls, protective barriers, tunnels, or retaining walls.
The Department may waive the relocating location requirement for areas 50 feet or more outside the construction zone. A statement indicating the predominant species, established number, and size of trees is to be provided.
Application for a tree removal permit in the city of Warren
The application of a tree removal permit is simple. It requires one to; submit a tree location survey along with an application form. The application form can be found in the Warren city ordinance.
Some of the information needed to fill out the application includes:
- The exact number of existing trees of 6 inches in diameter at breast height or greater
- The number of trees to be removed.
- For tree relocation, the proposed location, reason for relocation, protective measures for relocating trees, and remaining trees.
A tree permit application is complete after all information is filled, and the signature spots are signed.
The planning department reviews the form and either grant or denies the request. In case your request is denied, you can appeal after a specified period.
When is an on-site examination made by the city of Warren?
- When a permit is requested to remove or transplant trees on more than one acre.
- When a permit is requested in connection with the construction of a one-family dwelling lot of more than one acre
- When a permit is requested to remove three or fewer trees.
Author: Ben McInerney – Ben is a qualified arborist with 15 plus years of industry experience in Arboriculture. He ran a successful tree service before turning to writing and publishing. Ben is dedicated to providing users with the most accurate up-to-date information on everything trees.
Hiring a Tree Surgeon Consulting Arborist Tree Limb Removal Cost Tree Services Near Me Tree Trimming Cost Guide Palm Tree Trimming Cost Guide Tree Removal Quotes Tree Removal Tampa FL Tree Removal Laws & Permits Tree Removal Cost Calculator Should Dead Trees be Cut Down? Is Tree Removal Covered by Insurance? Hiring Tree Removal Services Cost to Removal a Pine Tree Emergency Tree Removal Cost Are Leaning Trees Dangerous? Are Dead Trees Dangerous? Fallen Tree Responsibility Free Tree Removal Cost of Oak Tree Removal
Tree Services by City in MI
FEATURED AND TRUSTED BY: