Warren tree ordinance is guidelines that ensure proper care and utilization of public and private trees within the city.
Yes, you need a permit to conduct any activity on city trees, including tree removal.
This article outlines some of the basic knowledge about tree removal requirements. By looking at Warren city codes, you get a full understanding of the tree removal process.
Do I need a permit to remove trees on my property in the city of Warren?
Yes. You are required to get a permit to remove, or transplant trees on a lot of more than one acre zoned for single-family purpose dwelling.
It is again important to get one because the city protects even the protected trees on private property. The protected trees are:
- Heritage trees
These trees carry historical meaning to the community. These are trees that remind the people of significant past events. Some of the trees can be tourist sites, and the city is keen on protecting them.
- Significant trees
These trees have a great impact on the public. Any tree of importance to the public is categorized under significant trees. These trees impact the climate of the city, act as landmarks, and are of importance to the public.
Get a permit before removing these trees or else face hefty charges.
What are the requirements for relocating a tree in the city of Warren?
For you to relocate any tree within the city, you are to meet the following requirements:
- Submit the proposed location where the trees are to be relocated.
- Provide a statement explaining how the trees are to be moved, protected, and stored during land construction.
- Provide a statement explaining the maintenance of the trees after construction.
- Come up with ways on how the remaining trees are to be protected during land clearing, construction, and permanently. Some ways of protecting the trees include; using tree walls, protective barriers, tunnels, or retaining walls.
The Department may waive the relocating location requirement for areas 50 feet or more outside the construction zone. A statement indicating the predominant species, established number, and size of trees is to be provided.
Application for a tree removal permit in the city of Warren
The application for a tree removal permit is simple. It requires one to; submit a tree location survey along with an application form. The application form can be found in the Warren city ordinance.
Some of the information needed to fill out the application includes:
- The exact number of existing trees of 6 inches in diameter at breast height or greater
- The number of trees to be removed.
- For tree relocation, the proposed location, reason for relocation, protective measures for relocating trees, and remaining trees.
A tree permit application is complete after all information is filled, and the signature spots are signed.
The planning department reviews the form and either grants or denies the request. In case your request is denied, you can appeal after a specified period.
When is an on-site examination made by the city of Warren?
- When a permit is requested to remove or transplant trees on more than one acre.
- When a permit is requested in connection with the construction of a one-family dwelling lot of more than one acre
- When a permit is requested to remove three or fewer trees.
Tree Services by City in MI
Tree Removal Detroit
Tree Removal Farmington Hills
Tree Removal Royal Oak
Tree Removal Bloomfield
Tree Removal Grand Rapids
Tree Removal Macomb
Tree Removal Novi
Tree Removal Saginaw
Tree Removal Warren
Tree Removal Kalamazoo
Tree Removal Ypsilanti
Tree Removal Commerce
Tree Removal Sterling Heights
Tree Removal Shelby