The cost of removing a palm tree by tree service companies in Las Vegas varies based on many factors. Some of the factors include the height and health of the palm tree, its trunk circumference, branches, and the average labor cost.
The average cost of palm tree removal in Las Vegas is $379. This cost could range anywhere from $150 to remove a small palm tree to $1,500 to remove large palm trees.
Other factors that determine the cost of palm tree removal are the project hours, stump removal, and the number of palm trees you want to remove.
|Palm Tree Height||Average cost of removal|
|45 feet and above||$1,200|
The overall cost of palm tree removal depends on several different factors. These include:
- Height –The tree’s height dramatically impacts how much you will pay. The taller the tree, the more it will cost to remove it.
- Stump Removal – If you prefer palm stump removal also, you can expect to pay an additional $75 to $300.
- Proximity to structures – If the palm tree is located close to buildings or other delicate structures, it cannot be easily cut down. This requires that the palm tree be roped down in sections, adding significantly to the bill.
- Haul Away Trunk – To have the trunk sections hauled away, you could also pay up to $350 more.
- Distance of the tree removal company – Palm tree removal companies usually charge for travel and mileage when they travel a long distance for your tree removal.
- Canopy density – If the fronds on the tree are very dense, it will likely demand more labor input during the tree removal and consequently add to the cost.
- Trunk girth – This is also a measure of the size of the tree; the larger the trunk girth of a palm tree, the more the cost of removing a tree of equal height.
- Tree or palm species – the more valuable your palm species is, the less your cost of removing such a tree. The value of your palm tree will be removed from the removal cost and you can make up the balance. For highly sought-after palm species, you may not pay a dime for the removal or even get some money in return.
- The number of trees – The more palm trees you want to remove at once, the more likely you will remove each at a subsidized cost.
- Proximity to hazards, such as electrical lines – If your palm tree is located very close to power lines, you’re likely to remove them at no cost. All you need to do is notify your utility company of the pending hazard.
- Emergency work – When your palm tree removal job requires immediate action due to an accident or pending hazard, especially during the company’s off-hours, you will pay more to the tree company. The price increase can be as high as double the actual cost of removal.
Do I need a permit to remove a tree in Las Vegas?
Whether you need a permit to remove a tree in Las Vegas depends on the tree’s size and location.
In Las Vegas, all trees on public land or streets are protected, and a permit must be obtained to remove them. A set of tree ordinances indicates whether your tree can be removed.
However, if the tree is hazardous, planted too close to your home, or not considered significant due to its small size, you should be able to remove it without a permit.
Palm tree trimming cost in Las Vegas
The cost of trimming a palm tree in Las Vegas is cheaper than removal. You can consider this and focus on tree care to keep the palm tree healthy rather than complete removal.
|Size||Average cost of trimming|
|45 feet and above||$225 - $485|
Can I DIY my palm tree removal?
Removing a palm tree is not as simple as it seems. Sometimes, it can cause havoc to nearby structures. It is safe to consider hiring a tree removal company.
If you wish to remove the tree yourself, you may want to consider saving the tree for replanting if it is a sought-after species. You will have to start by digging up the roots which is not an easy job.
If your plan is to eliminate the species completely, trim it gradually using a chainsaw to ensure that the palm tree comes down safely.
If you’re worried about the cost of hiring a tree service company, you can start by identifying the palm species so you know what the tree is worth. This will give you the opportunity to propose a subsidized or free palm tree removal.
What’s the best time to remove a tree in Las Vegas?
The best time to remove a tree in Las Vegas is during the late fall or the winter. Before removing your palm tree, you may consider other maintenance habits such as pruning, trimming, and cutting.
However, if the tree poses any hazard to the neighborhood, it’s best to remove it as soon as possible.
Can I sell my palm tree or get free palm tree removal?
The short answer is yes! Free palm tree removal is common and in a lot of cases, landscapers and nurseries will actually pay you to come and take away your tree.
The reason is there is a large market for mature palm trees. Please don’t want to wait 30 years for a palm tree to reach maturity and start looking good, so they will pay a premium for a pre-grown one.
There are lots of companies around Las Vegas who will remove your palm for free or they will pay you a fee.
Emergency tree removal in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is an area that is very susceptible to high winds. Trees that haven’t been well cared for have a good chance of falling down.
If you have trees that are decaying, dying, or already dead, it’s a good idea to have them removed as soon as you can. Otherwise, when dangerously high winds come about, they’re likely to fall and cause more damage.
Even the most healthy tree can suddenly fall as a result of wind, storm, or other natural hazards. This kind of occurrence results in devastating accidents. Due to the sudden and urgent nature of such hazards, emergency tree removals are often required.
The cost for emergency jobs tends to be higher than the average tree removal job.
Emergency tree removal jobs require a sudden change in company schedule even if the call is made in the middle of the night.
Palm tree removal services near me
You can get 3 Estimates from the most affordable tree services in Las Vegas by using this FREE service.
GoTreeQuotes.com quickly matches you with the 3 tree surgeons voted #1 by previous users in your area.
- Scroll up to the top of the page and enter your ZIP Code in the blue form at the top of the page.
- Give us a few details about your tree trimming or removal job plus some contact information.
- Your tree details are forwarded to the closest three tree services all voted best priced who will also price your tree job.